Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tour de France Stage 4

I was hoping CSC would win the Team Time Trial stage today, so Zabriskie could keep the yellow jersey for awhile longer, and Discovery Channel would get 2nd place by 2 or 3 seconds. That way, Lance would still gain time on Ullrich, while only losing 2 or 3 seconds to Basso, which it seems he can afford at this point. But the tables turned and Zabriskie suffered bad luck this time, not Lance.

Hats off to Zabriskie for such a valiant effort. If he had not fallen, CSC would almost definitely have won the TTT. I feel sorry for Zabriskie, but I'm sure he'll be back in 2006 for another shot. He obviously has the talent. He just needs the experience (and better luck).

Meanwhile, Robbie McEwen deserves no such praise, b/c he is a total JACKASS! He was only sprinting for 2nd place in stage 3 when he decided to move Stuart O'Grady aside with a few headbutts. Way to go, Robbie! All that dangerous sprinting just for 2nd place, only to be relegated to last. And Boonen was already long gone, so it was totally unecessary - he NEVER would have won the stage even if he'd bumped O'grady aside. Maybe he thought it was a Keirin race. At any rate, he's an idiot. I'm pulling for O'Grady to get the green jersey. Doubt it will ever happen, but he's my favorite candidate of all the sprinters.

This is totally uncalled for:

1 comment:

NPSSmith said...

From the looks of this pic, I think Robbie just needed a shoulder to cry on because he KNEW he was going to lose the sprint for the second day in a row....O'Grady was the closest shoulder. ;)