Unfortunately this is about the best shot I got of Lance. I will post some others on the website later. I have a couple of videos as well. You just can't get anywhere near the podium or finish line. It is all VIP. And while I am VIP in most major cities, you know I don't like to abuse it. Plus the security was unbelievable. Even the military was out in full force.

I was happy to see Lance win and go out in style. And I was happy Ullrich made the podium after receiving so much criticism. I'm also glad the Tour de France is over, b/c I was getting tired of having the exact same conversation with my co-worker, Mitch, EVERY day, for the past 3 weeks. It went something like this:
Mitch: "Did Lance win today?"
Chad: No, but he is still leading the overall.
Mitch: "But why didn't he win TODAY?"
Chad: He can't win every single stage. And he doesn't NEED to. All that matters is the overall.
Mitch: "Well, if he is so much better than everyone, why can't he just finish ahead of them every day and win even MORE time?"
Chad: Because it is an endurance event. He has to conserve his energy for the days where he knows he can make up time. The mountains and time trials. Plus, he's racing against the fastest riders in the world. It's not quite that easy.
Mitch: "Why can't he make up time on the others stages, where it is easier? Why can't he win EVERY stage?"
Chad: Why can't Mark McGwire hit a home run EVERY time he's at bat? Why can't Brett Favre throw a touchdown on EVERY pass? Why can't Tiger hit a hole-in-one on EVERY shot?
Mitch: "Because that's impossible."
Chad: Get the hell out of my office.

No comments:
Post a Comment