Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mark Allen's 12 Best Strength Exercises

Ouch! I'm a little sore from adding a few different exercises and doing a slightly different routine than the one I've been doing for the last 10 weeks.

Phase Two: Endurance (2 x 12-15 repetitions of each)

1. Lat Pulldown @ 95 lbs
2. Leg Extension @ 55 lbs each leg
3. Leg Curl @ 40 lbs each leg
4. Bench Press @ 50 lbs each hand
5. Squats @ 180 lbs
6. Lateral Dumbbell Raise @ 15 lbs each hand
7. Calf Raises @ 50 lbs each leg
8. Dumbbell Pullover @ 30 lbs
9. Backward Lunges@ 20 lbs in each hand
10. Bicep Curl @ 22.5 lbs each arm
11. Tricep Extension @ 35 lbs on cable machine
12. Leg Press @ 320 lbs

I went easy on the squats and backward lunges due to some pain in my left knee. Sometimes the old patellar tendonitis flares up in winter if/when I overdo it on the leg press machine by lowering the weight beyond 90 degree knee extension.

Article here.

No comments: