Oct. 13 to Oct. 19
Mo: Off
Tu: 0:35 swim
We: 0:30 run / 0:45 strength
Th: 0:45 swim
Fr: 0:30 run
Sa: 2:00 bike - lots of small hills
Su: 1:30 mountain bike
Faris and Nada were both sick with colds, and I was fighting it without actually ever catching it. I was tired all week, lethargic, and kept having dizzy spells from sudden head or eye movements. I started to worry a little before determining it was most likely a sign that my inner ears probably had some fluid accumulating in them, and that I just need to take it easy for a few days and rest as much as possible until it passed.
So I just had fun, enjoyed my easy rides on the bike in 60 degrees and sunshine, and the pre-dawn runs under a myriad of stars when my entire neighborhood was totally quiet and still, except for the other few poor souls who were out pounding the pavement with me against the better judgment of sleeping a little longer in a warm, cozy bed. I don't train that much to begin with, comparatively speaking. But this week I trained even less than usual hoping it would help keep me from catching the cold everyone else seemed to have caught. And I always feel better doing something, even a little something like an easy 30 minute run, than doing nothing. Clears the sinuses, opens the lungs, gets out all the gunk that's trapped in there, etc.
I rode a "new" trail (it my first time to ride it, but it has been there a long time) that's about a 30 minute ride from my house, which has a good, long climb to the top of a 1,000 foot hilltop. I plan to use that hill for off-road climbing repeats later on. For now, I just looked at it from the bottom, then continued along on the flat part of the trail at a snail's pace. But I'm already eager for the 2009 season, and the 3M Half-Marathon on January 25.

No comments:
Post a Comment