Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Food Log 10-01-2008

I go to see my Ortho Monday for a suspected broken bone in my left foot. I can still run on it but only with pain. Or more accurately "moderate discomfort". Walking barefoot causes more pain than running. Running hurts but the pain is tolerable. When I fractured my femur, there was no running on it - the pain was INTENSE. If it does turn out to be another running related stress fracture, I'm done with running forever. I'll burn my running shoes in effigy of the sport itself, and damn it to hell.

I'm recording today's dietary intake not b/c I'm trying to lose weight (I'd actually like to gain 5-10 lbs of lean muscle), but eat "better". More organic produce, leafy greens, vegetables, fruits, nuts, less processed foods, more whole grains, healthy monounsaturated fats like olive oil, nuts and avocados, etc. Putting it online makes me feel more accountable for what gets shoveled down my pie-hole.

7:00 am: Organic coffee w/organic creamer (I'm a closet hippie), 1 cup organic skim milk with 1.5 - 2 cups Nature's Path FlaxPlus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch cereal, 1 organic banana, 1 cup organic orange juice

10:00 am: 1 organic pink lady apple, 1 handful raw unsalted almonds, cup of organic green tea

11:30 am: Taco Cabana Chicken Flameante - black beans, spanish rice, citrus marinated chicken breast, 3 freshly made flour tortillas (fattening as hell, I'm sure, but absolutely delicious), coffee (black, like my soul) - I didn't pack a lunch and only had the change in my desk for a lunch budget, about $7 in silver (I'm also trying to limit debit card usage) - not many healthy options near my office for so little money, I had to make due.

3:00 pm: 1 organic banana, 1 handful raw unsalted almonds

5:30 pm: 2 PowerBar gels and 16 oz. PowerBar Endurance sports drink on 2 hour bike ride

7:00 pm: whole wheat pasta w/organic primavera sauce and Yves Meatless Ground Round, Parmigiano-Reggiano (stinks like hell, tastes like heaven), organic mixed baby green salad with cucumber, avocado, organic tomato, pepperoncini, and Annie's Goddess Dressing (organic and vegan), small glass of Pom Pomegranate Juice

9:00 pm: few handfuls of organic popcorn (on Faris' demand), handful of organic grapes, 1 cup organic skim milk, 2 low fat honey graham crackers

No comments: