This weekend I did a strenuous 3.5 hour ride with lots of hills and headwind on Saturday, and work up Sunday morning feeling like a bowling ball was trapped inside my face.
I took it easy during my workouts for the first couple of days this week, skipping the gym on Monday and going for an easy 1 hour ride, and changing my bike workout Tuesday from sprints to a recovery ride. But today I decided to try to just blast the junk out of my nose with some harder riding and breathing.
I spent 1.5 hours blowing snot rockets and enjoying every minute of free airflow through my nostrils. Riding with a sinus infection is actually pleasant b/c it is the only time I can breathe freely. But as soon as the ride stopped, it was like having a cork shoved up each nostril. Guess I'll have to get on antibiotics and, if I'm lucky, steroids.

No comments:
Post a Comment