FINALLY they limited SXSW wristbands to Austin, TX residents only. It is a little more like the good old days except the wristbands cost twice as much as they did 10-12 years ago. If they only do the same for ACL next year...
Here is my calendar so far (not including some V.I.P. passes we hope to get via Nada's company):
* = the shows I most want to see
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
09:00PM Longwave (Emo's Main Room)
(After midnight, Thursday morning)
12:00AM R.E.M. (Stubb's)
*12:00AM Autolux (Emo's Main Room)
*01:00AM The Lemonheads (Emo's Annex)
Thursday, 13 March 2008
(After midnight, Friday morning)
*12:30AM Old 97's (Stubb's)
Friday, 14 March 2008
*10:00PM Rogue Wave (Cedar Door)
*11:00PM Vampire Weekend (Antone's)
11:00PM Earlimart (Buffalo Billiards)
(After midnight, Saturday morning)
01:00AM South (Creekside EMC at Hilton Garden Inn)
01:00AM Nada Surf (Cedar Door)
Saturday, 15 March 2008
08:00PM Jacob Golden (St David's Church)
11:00PM One Mississippi (Wave)
(After midnight, Sunday morning)
12:25AM Film School (Bourbon Rocks)
*01:00AM Sea Wolf (Buffalo Billiards)
*01:00AM Tokyo Police Club (Dirty Dog Bar)
I rode the trainer in the garage at 6:00 am this morning. It was 31 degrees outside and I had a somewhat difficult workout in store. My legs are STILL sore from back-to-back road races last weekend (plus the 1.5 hour sprint workout yesterday afternoon). I have 2 more back-to-back road races this weekend at Lago Vista. The weather will hopefully remain as perfect as it is today (5 mph southern breeze, low 60s, and nary a cloud in the sky). The 50+ mph descent off the big hill isn't much fun in the rain.

No comments:
Post a Comment