After a week of Sudafed and Afrin, my sinuses are still blocked and painful. I took the advice of a co-worker (the person I least suspected of being a closet hippie) and bought a neti pot from Whole Foods for some good, old-fashioned, homeopathic treatment.

The sinuses are so blocked that water doesn't even flow out the other side as it is supposed to. It just sits there in the pot. I've used it 3 times today since noon (I bought it at lunch) and I am feeling a bit of relief. I'm just not sure if it is the blessing of the Earth mother's hippie magic or the Sudafed I'm still taking as a backup. Without the Sudafed, there is NO airflow to my nostrils whatsoever. The Sudafed at least helps to clear a minor nasal passage through which the saline water in the neti pot can trickle.
The pressure behind my eyeballs is driving me crazy. I really don't want to get on antibiotics, so I've avoided the doctor the past week. If things aren't better by Monday, I'll likely give in to western medicine.

No comments:
Post a Comment