Monday, September 22, 2008

Pre-Base Training Week 2

I had a root canal Monday afternoon which was a ton of fun. The endodontist's office was the most high-tech dental office I've ever seen. Everything was digital, including the X-Rays. USB cables were running all over the place. Real time imagery. A light pen screen. You name it, he had it.

None of this is really unusual in the medical profession in general (my brother only does digital X-Rays these days, no more film), but it is somewhat unusual for a dentist, in my experience.

Goodbye, tooth ache.

Mo: Off
Tu: 0:30 run / 0:45 strength
We: 1:30 bike
Th: 0:30 run / 0:30 swim
Fr: Off (AISD 1/2 day off - Hurricane Ike preparation)
Sa: 0:45 strength
Su: 2:10 bike

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year in central Texas. Love the weather, hate the seasonal allergies and asthma. I'm wheezing like an old geezer and sucking on the Albuterol inhaler every 3 hours. My face feels swollen behind my eyeballs, I'm sneezing all the time, and getting irritated by the occasional sinus headache. Wah wah wah.

Nada's parents came up for the weekend. They still don't have power in Houston. It has been 10 days since they lost power as a result of Hurricane Ike. Meanwhile, the street behind them has power. That has to be annoying.

No comments: