Saturday was a joint party for Dylan and Jayden. They both turned 3. We got to meet Nash Parker for the first time since he was born ~3 months ago. The party was a Lakewood pool and the cloud cover kept it mostly cool for the duration of the party. I ate like a pig, and that was before the cake was even served. Man that cake was delicious. I could go on and on about it. The thickness of it, the moist-ness of it, the perfection of the icing (not too much, not too little), the mixing of chocolate cake with vanilla cake. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.
Sunday we drove to my brother's house in New Braunfels for my nephew Preston's birthday. The house was like a circus with kids running all over the place, dogs getting into pizza boxes, Preston smearing cupcake icing all over his face, dogs in the pool, pizza in the pool, icing on the dogs, etc.
Preston has almost every video game and accessory in existence, not to mention the huge TV he has on which to play them all. Rock Band was particularly entertaining with the drum set, microphone, guitars, and nary an ounce of musical talent in the family:

Faris had fun playing with his cousins but I got the feeling he was having sensory overload. So many new toys to play with. And there are no pools, 62" televisions, bulldogs, or indoor trampolines at our house (nor any outdoor trampolines):

He wouldn't stop talking about the "heli hopter" until I got it down from the shelf in Colby's room. It had lights, sirens, and the blades turned. It kept him entertained for a long time.

We capped a noisy and chaotic day off with a quiet, peaceful ride in the golf cart along the river after the sun went down. Frogs were EVERYWHERE. It was really eerie in the darkness with only the headlights from the golf cart and the sound of the river tumbling over rocks under the trees. Faris was scared and we had to turn around. Drove home in the rain, North on I-35, raining the whole way until we hit Austin, where the rain stopped in it's tracks.

No comments:
Post a Comment