
Saturday:
After not sleeping much Friday night, I went for a short ride Saturday morning to stay loose for tomorrow's workout: a practice duathlon for the following Sunday's race. I pulled my pedal body off the axle 2 minutes into the ride, and stopped to screw it back in by hand, with my right shoe still attached to the pedal. Good thing it happened then and not during the race next weekend.
Later we took Faris to The Austin Children's Museum, which is in the 2nd street district of downtown Austin. It was also a sort of fieldtrip for me, because I had not been downtown in a long time, and it has changed drastically in the last 2-3 years.
The Children's Museum was CROWDED, but we quickly found the gated toddler area, even though a 10 year old would occasionaly wander in and disturb the peace. Faris went crazy playing with all the different stations, giggling and running around like a maniac. When we ventured back out into the crowded general area, Faris was knocked down by an older kid who wasn't looking where he was going.
Saturday night we watched "Grizzly Man" and felt cheated b/c they removed the parts where Timothy Treadwell is mauled by a bear.
Sunday
Faris kept us up most of the night again on Saturday, waking up repeatedly every couple of hours, whining for food and then not wanting to eat, not to mention the bouts of diarhea. I crawled out of bed Sunday morning, still tired, and slammed a cup of coffee before my workout: 20 minute run, 40 minute bike, 20 minute run, to practice/prepare for next weekends's duathlon (5k run/30k bike/5k run).
I replaced a dead battery in the Volvo Sunday afternoon and then went grocery shopping - what an exciting life I lead.

No comments:
Post a Comment