Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend in Houston

We spent the weekend in Houston visiting Nada's parents.

I did the Kirkwood ride Saturday morning, where I got to catch up with some old road racing buddies and learn some different roads in West Houston. They've changed the route as I-10 is undergoing construction to widen parts of the hiway to 13 lanes!

Saturday afternoon, Nada and I drove into Downtown to see Zena's ultra-swank new digs in the West End and eat at El Tiempo Cantina on Washington. The food was good and the margaritas were strong.

After dinner, we saw the Body Worlds 3 exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I thought the exhibit would make me have nightmares, but Nada and Zena put my mind at ease with all the references to Buffalo Bill from "The Silence of the Lambs". If you have a chance to see this exhibit, I recommend it.

Sunday morning, I did a 45 minute run on the trails around Nada's parent's house, then we shuffled Faris off to an urgent care clinic with a 103.5 degree fever. It was a first-come, first-serve clinic, and there was a man who'd arrived in front of us wearing an enormous belt-buckle, Wrangler jeans, trucker cap, and a long handle-bar mustache. Nada and I had a good laugh when they called for him, "Billy?", and I whispered "first name, Hill".

The Skin Man

body_worlds_skinman

The Horse Rider

body_worlds_horseman

No comments: