I'm signed up for the Darnd'st Du, a road duathlon in San Marcos, TX. The run-bike-run format doesn't scare me one bit. The thing I'm most afraid of is the 7:00 am start time. That means waking up Sunday morning at about 4:30 in order to drive to San Marcos, assemble my stuff in the transition area, get my chip timer, warm up, etc. Waking up that early on a weekend is a sacrilege.
Then for Labor Day I have my eyeball on Jack's Generic Triathlon, sponsored by a local Triathlon/Bike shop. I originally thought about doing the Dilloman Triathlon, but the 800 meter swim - even though I swim this distance 2 to 3 times per week in training - scares me. The other triathlon has a 500 meter swim, which is much more manageable for my first triathlon.
September and October are lined with Mountain Bike races and shorter distance running events (5 milers, 10K runs, etc), leading up to the Austin Marathon. I'm considering the half-marathon, or running a relay with a co-worker or friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment