Saturday, June 25, 2005

Pool Party

Today we went to Bill and Lori Goodpasture's house for a pool party in honor of Casey and Danielle's birthdays. All the usual suspects were in attendance, and Michelle even made the trip to Austin from Dubai after 24 hours of non-stop travel - uugh. The main activities included pool volleyball and karaoke. They even rented some karaoke equipment (CDs, TV monitor, speakers, microphones, and cd player) and set it all up in a tent in the back yard, next to the pool. Dual modes of entertainment.

Greg Mays couldn't resist the tempation to sing, and finally emerged from indoors after non-stop complaining that it was too hot - and he's a native Texan. Greg sang everything from R.E.M. classics to Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter". He even did a respectable job with Merle Haggard's "Okie from Muskogee". Greg's from Lufkin, TX, so it is kind of the same thing, and he sang it from the heart.

The "shot rule" was in effect, meaning that, if you hit the ball out of the pool, you had to take a shot of either rum-n-coke or tequila. Luckily, I only had to take 1 shot in 5 games, so I was in good shape. Danielle, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. In 1 game, she took 5 shots, and we let Craig take 1 or 2 shots for her, otherwise she probably would have drowned with 7 shots in her in about 10 minutes. I did manage, however, to hit a sweet spike for the game-winning shot, and then Lori, whom I'd spiked on, almost drowned me. It's her way of showing love - violence and dirty looks :)

Riad and Janice Saidi drove up from Houston for the day to watch Faris while we were sunbathing and swimming. Then we all ate fish-n-chips for dinner. I am on this "diet" but I'm allowed 1 junk meal per week, and this was it - and a bit of ice cream.

Here are some pics. More coming soon.

Mid-air volley



This One Goes Out to Ol' G. Mays



Carlton says these glasses make me look like an old Jewish man, and called me "Ira" all day long



Waiting for the serve



"That ball was out by THIS much!"



Greg and Michelle sing a duet

No comments: