My son has the good life. He spends his days in direct contrast to mine. I write software for insurance underwriting process automation, 9 hours a day, which is about as exciting as a job can get, while my kid does the following: eat, sleep, poop, pee, and play - all day long. Sure, he's only 8 weeks old, but why does that matter? I'm sure caveman kids were doing something more productive and utilitarian at 8 weeks of age than modern babies. Sure, they had brains the size of a peanut, but at least they contributed to the success of the tribe in some form or fashion. They didn't simply lay around, freeloading all day.
I have to diet and exercise to keep from getting fat. He gets to stuff his face all day and steadily gain weight. I wake up to an alarm clock. He wakes up when he feels good and ready, or when he's hungry.
He's short, fat, and bald, yet women can't seem to get enough of him. If I were short, fat, and bald (or any 1 of these 3, for that matter), I'd be single, most likely, as I'm not rich - there would be no reason for any woman to marry me.
When you are 8 weeks old, it is considered perfectly acceptable social behavior to vomit on other people, belch and toot audibly and often, be fat enough that your calves have creases in them, and poop + pee on yourself. When you are an adult, this is generally considered disgusting behavior, unless you are in a country such as China (belching and flatulence) or France (pooping on yourself). If only I could be 8 weeks old again, but retain what little knowledge and wisdom I've accrued in 33 years...
It just isn't fair. But who says life is fair? Buddha certainly never said that, and he was about as wise as any person that's ever lived, supposedly.
Here are some of the ways the kiddo spends his days.
Sleeping on Mom.
Having someone give him a bath.

Playing. Having attention directed solely at him.
Being fed, an activity which takes place about 8 times per day.

Sleeping. Again.
Sleeping, again, on Grandpa.
More playing and undivided attention from others.

No comments:
Post a Comment