Last Sunday was my very first Father's Day. Kinda wierd to "celebrate" a holiday I've never celebrated before. I slept in, had a late breakfast, went for a short spin on the bike, then came home and opened my present - Splinter Cell 3 for Playstation. I have not played it yet, but I completed Splinter Cell 2 and really liked the game. Supposedly, alot of improvements have been made for the 3rd version, and you have alot more killing moves than in previous versions (including the option of cutting throats after you grab an enemy from behind, or snapping their neck), so I'm anxious to play it.
All in all, it was a very good day. It felt alot like having a 2nd birthday, except you don't have cake and candles and that nagging reminder that you're a year older. You still get presents, though, which is what really counts, and the day is supposed to revolve around you. I could get used to that.
Nada's parents also came up for the day, and they brought Faris this new swing, which he really seems to enjoy. It plays music, lights up, has little fake fish in it, a rotating mobile, and swings - how can you go wrong. It is a bit of an eye-sore, aesthetically, but then again, almost all baby-specific furniture items (that I've seen) are not designed with style in mind. Afterall, a content baby (i.e. quiet baby) takes precedence over aesthetics.
Here are a few pics from the weekend. I'll be adding more images to the photo galleries soon, so check back for updates.
New Swing from Grandma and Grandpa
Dad and Faris
Dad and Faris
Grandma and Faris
This weekend, Riad and Janice are coming to visit again, so that Nada and I can go to Bill and Lori's pool party. We've had to miss out on the last few parties due to the baby, but no more! It is summer and it is time to swim, sun, and spike. I just hope that G-Money "Pain Train" Mays is there and on my team. We have a rule that, whoever hits the ball out of the pool, has to go get the ball, then take a shot of whatever alcohol is laying around. Last time, I was hitting the ball out of the pool on purpose :)

No comments:
Post a Comment