I bought Nada a spa treatment + lunch gift certificate at Lake Austin Spa for her 3rd mother's day. She's been moaning and groaning about needing a massage lately, and I tend to quit after 5 minutes of the basic shoulder rubdown.
After sleeping in and a late breakfast, we went to Wyatt Parker's 3rd birthday party in south Austin. 4:00 pm. 99 degrees fahrenheit. Early May. Yep, it is going to be a LONG summer.
After the party, I met Greg and Jeff at Woodrow's for beer and Cavs vs. Celtics (go Cavs). I saw 2 ex-co-workers at the bar within the first 5 minutes. The cooler wasn't working and all the beer on tap was warm, so off we headed in search of a huge TV and ice cold beer (b/c it was still high 90s at this point).
While walking to another bar, we cut-through an alley where Greg Mays spotted "gnar-gnar" (a.k.a. human feces) in the MIDDLE of the alley. Not off to the side or behind a dumpster, mind you. But at the entrance of the alley-way, where in intersects the street. For a minute, I thought I'd been transported to Paris, France (sorry, John, but you know it's true).
We ended up at some new bar called "Joe's" that has the most delicious bar food I've ever eaten. It is owned/operated by the owner of Louie's 106, and he knows a thing or two about good food. Mini burgers and garlic fries. Absolutely delicious. Sirloin patty topped w/smoked gouda, about the size of a yo-yo, on a fresh roll w/tomato, lettuce, and onion. Ice cold beer and thin, garlicy fries. Divine. If you are into that sort of thing, which I am.
The Cavs destroyed the Celtics, which was a perfect way to wrap up the evening.
Heavy rains Saturday evening brought Sunday's temperature down to about 75, dry, and clear skies. Typical Texas weather. The family went for a short ride in the 'hood, Nada crashed on her road bike while I towed Faris in the trailer on my MTB. We had lunch at Bombay Bistro and spent the rest of the day relaxing at the house, watching the Spurs dismantle the Hornets (thangod).

No comments:
Post a Comment