Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lunch Ride

Today's lunch menu: 97 degrees F and a few short hills around the lake, ride down Michael Dell's street, past a few multi-million dollar homes, then over a couple of the steepest hills in town before heading back to the office for a quick shower and lunch from the cafe next door.

It was HOT out there. August is going to be BRUTAL. The first few hot rides of the year are always harder than they should be. Your body isn't used to having to put out that much sweat. It takes about 5 - 6 rides to fully adjust to working out, outside, in 100 degrees.

Here's the route I took on my road bike.

P.S. Go Spurs! If the tickets aren't too expensive, we may try to go see a Western Conference Finals game. I hate Kobe Bryant, but he's magical on the court and I'd like to see him play in person. I hope the Spurs make it all the way to the finals b/c I'll have more opportunities to see the stars play up-close and personal.

No comments: