Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Cure

The Austin Music Hall show on June 8, 2008 sold out in about 5 minutes but they just released more tickets. I was able to buy 2 tickets online this morning. Jeff called me at 6:45 AM this morning to give me the news that more tickets were released. I didn't know what was happening when the phone started ringing b/c I'd just hit snooze (I use my cell phone as an alarm clock) and laid the phone down next to my head under the pillow.

I wrote a song about it:

Snooze haze all in my brain
This ring tone just don't seem the same
Jeff is callin' but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I say "buh-bye"

$55 each! But it is worth it for the creators of goth. When Faris was born, we half-jokingly considered naming him "Robert Smith" after the lead singer of The Cure. They were one of my favorite bands growing up, and I still consider them a top 5 band of all time (at least the first 4 or 5 albums). But I didn't want to have an introvert for a son. Instead, I got a jabber-mouth.

Now I need to buy a bunch of black make-up and stay out of the sun for the next 10 days so I lose my tan and turn pasty white. I'm gonna need a few cans of hair spray. And all black clothes and black boots. I'm going to read The Gormenghast trilogy. Then I'm going to shun human contact until the concert so I am as introverted as possible.

Can't wait...

No comments: