Many people complain about the heat and humidity of Texas but I say the 3-4 months of oppressive heat are worth it b/c the other 8-9 months of the year are great. Right now it is 75 degrees and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, dry air (relatively speaking), and it has been this way since last Thursday.
The weather was perfect all weekend and it made the mountain bike rides that much more fun. On Saturday I pre-rode the race course at Reimer's Ranch and got to catch up with a few old bike racer friends whom I rarely have an opportunity to speak to anymore. I bailed on Sunday's MTB race and rode the Jedi trails on the Barton Creek Greenbelt, instead, getting lost a few times in the process and crashing twice.
So far I am loving the Orbea Alma 29er (it's really light and climbs like a mountain goat) and I cannot wait to explore new trails next weekend. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that I've lived in Austin since 1996 and have not ridden many of the off-road trails in the general area. Of course, a few of the old trails no longer exist, but there are a few new trails that I have never ridden, and it sure beats the monotony of riding the road bike on the same roads every weekend.
Wishing Monday was another day of the weekend 'cuz the weather is PERFECT today.

No comments:
Post a Comment