I saw my orthopaedic today and he cleared me to ride and workout w/legs again, but I can't run for at least another 4 weeks. My fractured hip is healing but still aches when I stand on my leg (i.e. when I don't use crutches).
I was very happy when he told me the good news. After 5 weeks of being able to do nothing but swim, I'm ready to be able to ride and lift weights again. It'll take awhile to lose the 8-10 pounds I've gained the last 5 weeks, but at least I have a "goal" to work toward.
The Texans beat the Cowboys this weekend in a pre-season game in Houston. My co-worker Gary was on-hand to witness the spectacle. He's the drunkard in the white Texans shirt, and that's his son, Jake. I guess it's a good thing they at least won a pre-season game b/c it'll be slim pickins for the Texans once the regular season starts. Gary has bets w/almost everyone in the office that they'll go 8-8.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid823433113/bctid1155088219.
Watched alot of soccer this weekend. For those of you who think soccer is boring b/c it is so low-scoring, I saw 2 soccer games last Saturday with 5 goals each game. The 2nd game, between 2 German teams, was 0-1 at half-time and 4-1 at the end. Meaning 4 goals were scored in 2nd, 45 minute half. On average that's 1 goal every 11 minutes and 15 seconds. Not to mention all the shots that missed/got blocked. Low scoring? That would be 28-7 in football.

No comments:
Post a Comment