Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day Out with Thomas

Thomas the Tank Engine came to Austin. We met with some friends (Kelly, Channing, and Calder - Wyatt and Joel Parker - Dylan and Trey England) for a 25-minute passenger train tour of East Austin and photos with Thomas the Train and Sir Topham Hatt.

All the kids received a "Jr. Engineer" certificate while aboard the train. There is a blank line on the certificate where you can write your child's name. I may put my name in place of Faris', though, b/c I've always wanted to be a train engineer, and now I'll have official documentation. My grandfather was Chief Engineer for Lykes Shipping, so I'd be following in his footsteps.

Faris was well-behaved on the train but had a melt-down while waiting in line for a photo with Thomas. It was HOT and humid and the poor little guy was thirsty. We then went inside the convention center for photos with Sir Topham Hatt. We bought water for $2.50 per bottle (damned thieves) and, luckily, Faris became calm again after having a drink, just before his turn for a photo. The photos with Sir Topham Hatt are MUCH better than the photos with Thomas the Train.

The photos are private. Email me if you'd like to see them.

Thomas the Tank Engine pulls into the "station".

IMG_2875

Sir Topham Hatt (not cross for once, or so it would seem)

No comments: