Monday, August 13, 2007

Fatter Than Ever (a.k.a. Chris Farley Lives)

I am into week 4 of crutches and no running/cycling/weight training and at my heaviest weight ever.

It started 4 weeks ago when the scale showed 166 (at the time, a new PR). Since then, I've broken this Personal Record each consecutive week for my new PR of 170 lbs. The lack of extended exercise and weight-bearing activities is really starting to add up, not to mention all the cookies and ice cream I'm consuming to stave off depression. I can now sympathize with Fat Bastard from Austin Powers:

"I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat."


Perhaps it should have come as no surprise when, after sending a "Chris Farley Lives!" email to some co-workers, one of them asked me if it was a picture of my daughter.

Chris Farley Reincarnated?

I'll seek medical help if/when it gets to the point where I'm telling my 2 year old son's friends to "get in my belly."

Seriously, though, 170 is a "normal" weight for a person of my height and build. But considering that 145 was my "winter weight" throughout my 20s and into my early 30s (when I was riding 250-400 miles/week and racing alot), 170 is hard to swallow.

No comments: