Monday, December 18, 2006

No New Tale to Tell

I haven't posted in a month b/c there simply isn't anything to talk about.

Faris learns new words almost by the day. And every day, he surprises me by doing or saying something I wasn't aware he could do or say. For instance, we went to lunch yesterday at Manuel's, and while we were waiting for our food, we scarfed on the obligitory chips and salsa. Faris observed us dipping our chips into the salsa and began doing the same, dipping each chip into the very top of the salsa before eating it, without double dipping. He even told the waiter "thank you" when he brought more chips to the table (albeit after hearing me say it, first).

The constant mimicry is enjoyable but keeps Nada and I on our toes - you really have to keep your guard up at all times or the child will pick up on your mistakes (yelling, cursing, fits of anger, etc). It is hard to discipline a child exhibiting the same punishable behavior you just exhibited. I've always had a quick temper but I try more now than ever to keep it in check b/c of the little one.

I bought a triathlon bike. A 2007 Cannondale IronMan Slice Six13. Black frame with white decals, all-carbon fork, and American Classic 58 Carbon tubular wheels. Needless to say she looks real nice. I am training for an Olympic distance triathlon in my hometown of Galveston on April 1, 2007. Along with several other multisport events in 2007.

My running is coming along but my swimming still needs work. I am improving gradually in the pool but my times are still too slow to expect to be competitive in anything but my age group category. Although I bought some books and DVDs that are helping tremendously.

My long runs are up to 10 miles now and I need to bump it up to 13 miles soon. The 3M Half-Marathon is just around the corner on January 28, 2007.

No comments: