Friday, November 17, 2006

Pre-Thanksgiving 2006

My company had an outdoor turkey cookout (deep fried turkey) yesterday, a pot-luck type of affair where everyone brought something to eat. I brought pie b/c it was easy to buy (ahem... make) and there are few, if any, leftovers.

Between the pre-Thanksgiving leftovers, and the 230 pound of Elk sausage that Mitch brought back from his hunting trip in Colorado, we'll have free food in the office refridgerator for the next 6 weeks. I will probably put on about 1 pound per day from now till Christmas.

Thanksgiving is still 1 week away but I'm already at my holiday weight! Time to get over to the gym...

Steve Whittington cooked 2, 12 pound turkeys in the deep fryer.

myriad_thanksgiving_2006_0

Gary and I carried the bird carcass off to the kitchen for cooling and carving.

myriad_thanksgiving_2006_1

We ate at 1:30 so everyone was starving, yet we managed to form an orderly line w/ladies first.

myriad_thanksgiving_2006_2

Sitting down to eat, overlooking the lake at 360.

myriad_thanksgiving_2006_3

No comments: