Sunday, December 14, 2008

TGIS

Ouch. Today's run felt great at the time, but now I'm feeling the after effects. Fatigue, malaise, run-down, beat-down, achey, sore, etc. I ran to a nearby middle school track about 2.5 miles from my house, then ran laps for about 30 minutes on the track with some 100 meter sprints thrown in for good measure. At first, I felt like I could keep sprinting all day long. But by the last sprint I was feeling it in my quads. So I grabbed my water bottle from the side of the track and headed back home to call it a day. I took the long way home and still had 20-25 minutes to run when I left the track.

I always feel terrible the first 30 minutes of a run and today was no exception. It always happens, I want to quit and go home, and then right around the 30 minute mark (27 minutes today), I start to feel better and can pick up my pace. Weird b/c you think it would be the opposite. They say the better shape you're in, the longer it takes you to warm up. Well, I'm in decent shape, not great shape, so I'm not sure I trust what they say. 30 minutes to warm up?!

Went to Mellow Johnny's to look for a bike for Faris for Christmas and to check out the new Trek Madone Pro and the new Dura Ace 7900 bits on some bikes.

The Madone is an awesome looking bike up close. Pictures don't really tell the story of the tube shapes.

2009 Team Bike Colors

Got to check out Kevin Livingston's studio downstairs. They also have a bunch of old Discovery Channel team equipment in the shop basement. TT bikes, wheel sets, road bikes, you name it. Might pick up a set of wheels and some integrated aerobars, too.

No comments: