damn, she's cold. don't see how anyone can live anywhere north of Austin, including Dallas and the rest of North Texas, which I consider Oklahoma. 26 degrees in Austin today w/windchill. And tho that really isn't cold, comparatively, I wouldn't want to be anywhere colder. I just don't see how anyone can live in a place like Green Bay, WI, or Fargo, ND, for example. Ice fishing? Shoveling your driveway just to drive to a convenient store. Single digit temps and windchills below 0?! They can keep it. I'd rather be hot than cold.
Ran a buck-o-five this morning in 37 degrees and 25 mph North wind which brought the windchill down to 26. Felt fine once I got warmed up, about 5 min into the run. Didn't see as many runners out as I normally would on a Sunday morning.
Went to Pure Austin to swim after my run. They finally fixed the pool heater, so swimming in 30-something degrees isn't that cold b/c the pool is around 80 degrees. Getting out of the pool, on the other hand, isn't pleasant. The 25 mph wind hits you, all wet, and it is 36 degrees outside. Plus I'm a little sissy so it is worse for me than it is for a real tough guy who just shrugs off the cold. I was the only person in the pool, though, so I'm guessing all the real tough guys were just taking a day off.
Swam for 50 min and did 12 x 1/2 length (12.5 yards) sprints as fast as I could go, then the last 1/2 length easy, 30 sec rest between sprints. Gets the neuromuscular system going w/out any lactic acid buildup. Great way to train for higher turnover rate in freestyle.

No comments:
Post a Comment