4. A wild fancy or hope.
5. A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration: example: a dream of owning their own business.
Dreams take many forms. A dream car (Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, etc), a dream job (an oxymoron, IMO), a dream bicycle, a dream physique... But I'm always intrigued by my co-worker, Gary, and his lofty ideals. He seems to exceed the boundaries of what most of us think possible, when setting his sights the things he most desires.
But I guess when you own 8, $50 Volkswagons (2 of which actually run), fish out of the "crick" which is really just your own back yard's floodplain, tailgate ALL day at Houston Texan games and get excited when they go on a 2 game winning streak, you tend to fall into a "different" category of dreamer. I can't really think of how to describe it. Luckily, a picture is worth a thousand words, and this photo speaks volumes.
This is Gary's dream home, simplistic yet stylish, utilitarian yet lavish:

No comments:
Post a Comment