Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas 2005

We were in Houston at the Saidi's over Christmas. Or is it Kwanzaa? Let's just call it "Holiday" and move on, shall we?

It was Faris' first Christmas, and he made out like a bandit, with a huge pile of presents from everyone. Like a cat, he was more interested in playing with the wrapping paper than the presents.

The weather was perfect - clear, sunny, mid-70s. I went mountain biking Sat and Sun in a short sleeve jersey and shorts - no winter gear required. We visited Nada's Aunt, Raghda', who recently built a 3-story, 5,000-ish square foot house near 610 and Memorial, replete with 17th century paintings, British colonial fireplaces, and fine European antiques.

John Boyd was also visiting Houston from Paris, but we weren't able to see him this time. Although there is talk about another trip to Lebanon and England in 2006. If Nada and I go along on this trip, we might Chunnel over to Paris for 2 or 3 days to see "Johnboy".

I'll have photos from Christmas online soon. In the meantime, here are a few of our favorites.





No comments: