Monday, November 14, 2005

Movin' to the country...

...gonna eat alot of peaches.

We put our house on the market and had 2 offers in 2 days. It was the most stressful 2 weeks I've experienced since Faris was born (6 months ago). We had to move stuff into storage before listing the house (de-cluttering), get repairs done to the house, find a new house, and rent an apartment to live in while our new house is being built (3 month leases are hard to find). So now we have to move twice, in 3 months, in addition to storing more stuff before moving into the apartment. Needless to say, I'm tired... there's only so much nervous energy in reserve.

Peaches come from a can,
they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown

I've been doing these rides and runs during the week, but soon I'll have a whole new reportoire of running and riding routes - with LOTS of hills, too. I've mapped out a +/- 17 mile biking route from the new house to my office, which will take me over some of the most difficult hills in Austin, including Riverplace, Courtyard, and City Park. I can shower at the gym in my office complex if I ride to work.

If I had my little way,
I'd eat peaches every day
Sun-soakin' bulges in the shade

Here are some pics of the model home. We are buying the same floor plan and elevation, with the same stone. The covered patio off the Master Bedroom on the 2nd floor will be overlooking a canyon near Lake Travis. The canyon area is protected by the Austin Audubon Society, so it won't be developed. The canyon view is beautiful and the sunsets from the patio will be very nice.

Exterior - Front


Media Room


Master Bedroom w/Elevated Sitting Area and Covered Patio


Kitchen w/Granite Island and Bar top

No comments: