I did my 3rd brick workout today - ride, then run. Not fun. Running is not my first choice of activities, but with all my time constraints, sometimes it is the best/quickest option. I can get in a great workout in only 30 minutes, whereas on the bike, 30 minutes amounts to little more than a waste of time. I started running for the cyclocross season, plus there are some fun/interesting local events like the Dirty Du, the Dirty Tri, the Muddy Buddy, the Capital 10K, etc. I guess I'll keep running into the new year and try my hand in some local triathlons, too. Although I'm even slower in the water than I am on foot.
The Dirty Duathlon is in 2 weeks, and that's what I'm "training" for: 5K run, 20K mountain bike, 5K run. There is an extra $500 up for grabs for the duathlete that beats Lance Armstrong's best time on record. Considering my daily runs average around 7:20 pace for 5K, I think the prize money is safe from MY hands. You need to run about a 5:20 pace in order to beat Lance's record time. And he set that time w/out doing any running prior to the event. Must be nice.
Lance Won the Dirty Du in December 2002

No comments:
Post a Comment